Heavy Motor Vehicle Insurance provides protection for:

  • damage or loss to your vehicle (s)
  • liability costs for property damage
  • a range of additional covers and options that may be applicable to your business.

Insurance in many respects is about being prepared for the unexpected and, when you’ve been in the industry as long as Maxton Insurance Brokers, we can tell you that, unfortunately, lots of things go wrong.  Some are small and can be easily remedied, others are larger and, without insurance, could spell the end of someone’s business.

Prior to setting up your insurance program, it’s worthwhile spending some time considering the various aspects of your business that may require protection.

What should I consider for Heavy Motor Vehicle Insurance?

At the time of vehicle registration, you will have Compulsory Third Party insurance which protects any person that you might injure while driving a vehicle, including pedestrians, cyclists and other road users.

Plus, you will choose:

  • Comprehensive Insurance – this is the most extensive form of insurance that covers the repair or replacement of your vehicle for events including theft, collision, fire, malicious damage and weather-related damage. It also covers damage caused to other vehicles and/or property.
  • Third Party Property Only Insurance – covers you for damage caused by your vehicle to other vehicles or property but does not provide cover for your own vehicle.
  • Third Party Fire & Theft Insurance – this provides the protection of third party property insurance plus it gives you fire and theft protection for your vehicle up to a specified limit.

We’ll explain and discuss the policy types in the market and what they offer in terms of new for old if written-off within a specified timeframe, replacement hire vehicles if your truck is out of action, what’s on offer with windscreen claims and whether you would want a choice of repairer.

Accessories and extra property cover

This includes such things as permanently attached or removable accessories, tarps, load-racks or gates.

Non-owned trailer

On occasions, you may attach a trailer you don’t own to your vehicle for specific haulage jobs.  In these circumstances, you can insure that trailer temporarily as if it was one you owned.

Other Optional Covers to Consider

Downtime Insurance

If you are unable to operate your business because your vehicle is damaged, your cash-flow is likely to be severely impacted. This will place you and your business under enormous pressure. This type of cover may help to cover financial losses and expenses while you get back on the road.

Truck hire

If you rent out one or more of your vehicles on their own (dry hire) or with a driver (wet hire) you are likely to need additional coverage for these activities.

Optional insured events

You may wish to consider additional benefits to cover circumstances such as:

  • theft, pilferage and non-delivery of goods
  • refrigerated goods temperature controlled haulage
  • shedding of load.

Make an Enquiry

With Maxton Insurance Brokers