There are two main options for you to consider in regard to your Home and Contents Insurance.

  • A  “Defined Event” Policy which protects for fire, explosions, lightning, theft from the home, fusion, impact, earthquake, flood, food spoilage.
  • Alternatively, we can offer you a more extensive policy being  “Accidental Damage” which includes all of the options in the Defined Events policy and extends to covering accidental loss or damage and includes contents cover, Australia-wide.

Here is some further detail to help guide your decisions about the type of cover that suits your needs and lifestyle.

Defined Event Protection (this is a standard cover)

A “Defined Event” cover specifically lists numerous events that can cause damage to your home and the contents.  In most cases, you won’t be covered for something that’s not listed, however, most policies provide the option to include additional events.

Policies differ across the insurance industry so we’ll find one that matches your needs.

Some of the most commonly listed defined events include:

  • Fire
  • Storm, Cyclone, Rainwater, Hail or Wind
  • Lightning damage
  • Earthquake
  • Theft
  • Flood
  • Food spoilage
  • Earthquake
  • Explosion
  • Liquid that escapes from a fixed pipe, fixed gutters, tank apparatus or a drain
  • Malicious damage
  • Damage caused during a robbery
  • Riots, war or civil commotion.

Accidental Damage (this gives you greater protection)

A more extensive cover called “Accident Damage” may be more what you’re looking for. It includes all of the options in the Defined Events policy and extends to protecting you against accidental loss or damage.

As you know, it only takes a split second for something to go wrong so this provides that safety net you need to protect you from mistakes, missteps and blunders that can be costly to rectify if you’re not covered.

A strong feature of this cover is that it includes contents cover Australia-wide, giving you that extra assurance that your valuables are properly protected when they’re with you or away from your home.

With our extensive experience placing Domestic Insurance, we’ll find a competitively priced Home and Contents Insurance policy that can be tailored to match the protections you require.

And, it’s important to note, that if you ever have to make a claim, our friendly, expert team will manage the whole process for you and keep you well informed along the way.

Make an Enquiry

With Maxton Insurance Brokers